About Me

My Photo
Wife, mother, student midwife, sewing/crochet/knitting enthusiast.

Monday, 18 June 2012

Child's Dolly Carrier

I'd like to share with you what I've been working on for a while. I came across this wonderful picture on Flickr a while ago and absolutely loved the idea. I have an Ergo-style carrier for E and absolutely love it. I would recommend them 100% and IF I ever had another child I would definately go and buy another one (I have no plans so the baby carrier is up for sale!). So, I thought what a great thing to make for the girls to carry their teddies and dollies around in.

I contacted the lovely Kristie who told me that the pattern is going to be in the newest 'One Yard Wonders' book which is currently under construction but would I like to test the pattern? Would I? Of course I would!! I have too much fabric lying around to go out and buy more so I thought I'd use my my stash of needlecord and add some pretty pink (Clarke & Clarke) flowery fabric to it for the pocket. Here are the results. I will update later with S wearing it (she's at school and I've only just finished sewing it):


There are poppers on the head panel so it can go up or down.


The original pattern says to tie the waist straps or add a clip. I am going to add a clip, I just havent bought one yet!

I hope you like it, and if you do, you'll have to keep watching Amazon for the new book.



2 comments:

  1. Love it (will be looking out for that book, sounds good!) On another note, I really didn't get on with my baby carrier so very interested in yours, so if you still have it, let me know how much x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! My little girls were given a doll that came with a backpack carrier - they both love it and will argue over who gets to carry the baby. ha! I am sure your little one will love it as well :)

    ReplyDelete